- Case Studies
- At Pepper
- Work With Us
A cornerstone of the Arts District at Ohio State University is Sullivant Hall. The three-story Neo Classical Revival buildng, originally built in 1912, was in need of a complete two-year project renovation that included major core and shell infrastructure improvements, creating more visibility and useable spaces for the students. All teaching, research, and performance spaces have been designed to support the latest technology. New features include a Cartoon Library, Museum gallery, exhibit spaces, performance and dance studios, gallery storage and administrative offices.
Floor-to-ceiling windows have been added to let natural light flood into the building and open up the spaces to campus. The east and west entrances have been re-graded to street level, creating a more open, inviting, and accessible presence.
The renovation of Sullivant Hall is part of a comprehensive plan to invigorate the arts on campus at Ohio State University. This endeavor integrates the arts, bringing artists, dancers, musicians, designers, arts administrators, arts theorists, and multi-media artists together, creating unprecedented opportunities for collaboration and interdisciplinary artistic energy.
The Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum is the largest and most comprehensive academic research facility documenting printed cartoon art. The building will house the collection which currently comprises 300,000 original cartoons, 45,000 books, 67,000 serials (including comic books), 3,000 linear feet of manuscript materials and 2.5 million comic strip clippings and newspaper pages.